- Can I be Linda Rodin when I grow up?
- What to do when you feel sad? Learn.
- Junot Diaz gets personal on trauma
- Too much monoculture on the web
- Why Zuckerberg is testifying
- Marimekko x Uniqlo = Want
- Amal on the cover of Vogue
- Pretty, pretty
- On aging
From Merlyn in The Sword in The Stone:
“The best thing for being sad,” replied Merlyn, beginning to puff and blow, “is to learn something. That is the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honor trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then — to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing that the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the thing for you.”
Photo: Old City, Jerusalem, April 9, 2018