I’m one week into my customer support rotation at Automattic (the company behind WordPress) and working from home (which means a lot of yoga pants & eating groceries). All new hires start in support for three weeks, regardless of their role, which I haven’t heard of before at other tech companies. It’s already helping me learn the ins and outs of WordPress (if you have questions, ask me 😉
- It’s activism, not sex, that sells. I think the creative director of Headspace put it aptly: “Brands are allowing people to pat themselves on the back without them personally having to sacrifice anything.”
- The rise and fall of the Atlantis bookstore (thanks Jess)
- Neat app that makes storage simple
- The complicated sisterhood of Jackie & Lee (I saw Jackie over Christmas which invigorated my interest in her)
- This sounds lovely: You could be in the company of some jolly medieval monks: there is the same love of beauty and art, the productive atmosphere, the communal living, the intellectual curiosity, the division of labour, the interest in gardening and flowers, the hospitality and courtesy, the pleasure in food and wine.
- A song designed to make babies happy
- How to improve your eye contact (and get Bill Clinton’s charisma)
- Not going to lie… this looks amazing
- Food for thought. What if coding was the next blue collar job?
- RIP Hans Rosling, debunker of stereotypes
- This 7 minute video made me happy. I want to go to Taos now
- Made me laugh
- Love a tiny house
Photo: Nepal, 2015